Comfort

I've been learning and growing a lot about comfort. I feel the desire to remove myself from uncomfortable things. I recognize that this is who I am, but I want to grow and change. I want to learn how to embrace the excitement of life and to not fear hard things. 

Example: we have been talking about having more children. I know that in my heart I would really like to have more. But having two children has been so difficult! Whenever something tough happens, like the kids getting sick, or me having an impatient day, I think, "I really want more children??"

Another example: I am tired. I have been dealing with sick children for a week. A dear friend of mine asks me to a movie on Saturday and I tell her that I am interested, depending on how everyone is doing by Saturday. Saturday rolls around and I'm tired, but think if I can go to the cheap theater by our house, I could maybe be convinced to go. I check movies and times. My friend texts me to tell me what movie she was planning on going to. It's not close, cheap, or one of the movies I had picked out. I struggled and struggled, then decided not to go. The next day, I regretted my decision so much! I really needed to hang out with my friend, to get out of my house, and to relax! But because these things were just a little too "hard" for me to overcome, I decided not to go. Not only did I miss out on a piece of life, but I also hurt my friend for bailing on her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily To-Do Free Printable!

Octopus Craft

Gnomes