Homesteading... Will it Ever Happen?

Sometimes I just need to write, to get my thoughts out there. Hopefully I'll get better. And hopefully someday I'll like my writing voice. But that's ok because, for now, no one reads my posts ;)

Saw a property that seemed perfect. Just enough sweat equity needed to make the price reasonable. I would like to think that I can work hard on something like that. But maybe I'm too lazy.  I pictured us being there, in the house, on the land. Imagined that next spring we'd be getting our garden ready and getting a space ready for baby chicks. But, alas, someone else has already put in an offer. The heartache is slowly easing.

But in the meantime, there are so many things that I can do now to get ready. Here's a short list:
1) Keep gardening here, practicing growing and preserving (no chickens at this time - we had some for a while, which I loved, but they made the neighbors unhappy. Romans 12:9-21 spoke to me in this situation, especially verse 18: "If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.")
2) Prep our home for moving - toss stuff that we don't want to move!
3) Research being a landlord - we'd rent this house out for passive income
4) Keep saving!

Maybe next year we will still be getting things ready to start off on the homestead process, but in the meantime... we wait. And try to be faithful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily To-Do Free Printable!

Octopus Craft

Gnomes